Monday, December 14, 2009

Eldar vs. Orks: 1750

This weekend I had the opportunity to play a 1750 kills points match against Knightfall Games store owner, Chris. For those of you in the Portland area that don’t know, Knightfall Games is located near Highway 217 and Canyon road, and is, IMHO, one of the better local gaming stores around. I mean this guy gets it. For those you accustomed to thinking “rogue trader” is synonymous with things like “no product”, “crappy tables”, and “terrible customer service”, check this store out for a bit of fresh air. Seriously, this one of the better local stores I’ve seen: with over half a dozen boards with full terrain and a friendly staff/gamers to boot. Anyway, I’m a firm believer in showing local stores all the support we can, and this shop is definitely worthy of a visit.

The game was an absolute blast and I decided to use it as a test run for my video battle reports.




3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain, dude. Bad rolls can ruin anyone's plans. For a bit of suggestion for next time, don't bait the nobs. Those guys mean business. It's like baiting piranhas with your cock; bad idea. Try to encourage them away from the action with some expendables and pray for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Totally agreed. I was hoping to use the guardians as a 'speed bump' to slow the nobz down enough where I could get two good turns of shooting on them. I figured whatever was left could then be finished off by the Seer council. As it turned out, 'what was left' turned out to be a bit more than I bargained for. I'll be ready next time though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! yeah, there is no speed bump for nobz. They flatten all earth that stands before them. With feel no pain, you might as well consider any attack sub-strength-8 a complete loss. Trick is not to waste a unit, but to make the opponent waste his on an expendable of yours (which ironically means trying to keep your expendables alive as long as possible). Running away like a coward is actually a decent strategy in this case. Hell, it worked for my shitty skink army!

    ReplyDelete