Sunday, January 3, 2010

Iron Minstrels: Trial LIst




Having been so busy getting my Noise Marines painted, I have neglected to post my list up. Here’s the trial version:





Daemon Prince w/ wings, Lash (150)

Defiler w/ 2x CC arms (150)

Defiler w/ 2x CC arms (150)

Obliterators x 2 (150)

Chosen x 6 w/ 4 plasma, Rhino, icon CG (203)

Noise Marines x 10, Champ w/PF, doom siren, 7 sonic blasters, Rhino, icon, extra amour (345)

Noise Marines x 10, Champ w/PF, doom siren, 7 sonic blasters, Rhino, icon, combi-melta (340)

Demons x 5 (65)

Demons x 5 (65)

Demons x 5 (65)

Demons x 5 (65)

Total (1750)

I confess that I got the inspiration for this list off of Heresey Online (link here, scroll to bottom) and really liked the way the list was structured. From a modeling standpoint, this army offers a nice blend of models, and enormous possibilities for conversions (still mulling over the defiler ideas in my head). Hopefully, it should be a great, eye-catching force once fully assembled and painted.

From a gaming standpoint, I like how the list diverts from the standard ‘Lash lists’ which usually involve 2 princes, 3 vindicators, and a bunch of small units of marines. For my own personal tastes, such cut-and-paste lists defeat the purpose of doing a Noise Marine list in 5th ed- namely, trying to be a unique army. And while this list may not appear as competitive as the standard lash list, I would argue that (on paper at least) it does make a very good all comers build, with a solid number of troops choices, plenty of heavy support, and a very flexible blend of assault/shoot options.

Of course, I’m first to admit that I’ve had good theoretical lists in the past (foot Eldar come readily to mind) which didn’t quite pan out when put on the board. That said, I’m very much looking forward to giving this list a go.

2 comments:

  1. I've always found it curious how post 2nd edition Chaos lists more often than not shy away from unit sizes being that of the respective Chaos power. Alas, Slaanesh weeps.

    I for one am really looking forward to taking on the Noise Marines. Your models all look bloody fantastic, and I'm looking forward to seeing the Defilers & Daemon Prince unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent name and picture! Good luck with the ol' Slaaneshis. Those Noise Marines will be your bread and butter, so don't be afraid to put them in some sticky situations. They'll pull through! And the sonic weaponry will accent your heavies quite well. And don't forget the old Obis in the corner trick. You never did figure that one out! Are they a powerful target to take down? Are they just a distraction? Are they both?! Anyhow, best of luck, and remember that aggression is the best plan B for any Chaos army, even if it's just your general charging down an open field ;)

    From the "wily bastard"

    ReplyDelete