Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Preliminary Necron List



I’ve had an idea for some time now of what I’ve wanted my Necron army to be composed of (namely, destroyers) but never actually sat down to hammer out a list.

So here’s my first shot at 2000 pts:

Destroyer Lord w/ Res. Orb, Solar Pulse, Warscythe (205)

10 Immortals (280)

10 Necron Warriors (180)
10 Necron Warriors (180)

5 Destroyers (250)
5 Destroyers (250)
8 Scarabs w/ disruption fields (128)

3 Heavy Destroyers (195)
3 Heavy Destroyers (195)
2 Tomb Spyders (110)

TOTAL: 1995


Most Necron players (and I suspect many non-Crons) have probably just done a collective eye roll and muttered something to the effect of, “Christ, not that list again.”

True, there is very little ‘original’ about this build: its standard destroyer wing with heavy destroyer salt to taste. Could it be that I’m just devoid of good ideas? Possibly, but I really don’t think there is much the Necrons can do outside this format with their current codex the way it is. Yes, there are C’tan and ‘Liths that I could play around with time permitting, but at this stage I want to keep the list as simple as possible. Once I get the basic Necron mechanics down, we’ll see about mixing it up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment