Monday, January 9, 2012

Red Rod Necrons

Had the day off today, so I decided it was high time to get to painting my army. Thanks to Gun Grave’s advice and a bit of web crawling, I was finally able to get my airbrush back up and running, and to dust the brown undercoated models with a highlight of orange.

From there it was a hand dry brush of blazing orange, followed by boltgun metal. Both of these were used sparingly and generally in raised areas. The chest plate got hit with some cadaver flesh (similar to GW rotting flesh), and then the whole model got a Devlan Mud wash. For the base, I went with a heavy ocre drybrush followed by a light drybrush of Kamado Khaki.

Overall, they’ll do. I’m not planning on putting near the amount of time in these as I did my Noise Marines, as the goal is to knock out a foot list, playtest, and wait for 6th Edition.




Regarding the theme: My vision is to create a desert, junkyard kinda feel to the whole army, with the warriors being the most damaged and rusted and the higher up choices having more color and less wear and tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment